Some of My Favorite Metal Albums So Far in 2016

Vektor - Terminal Reduction is a perfect mix of thrash and progressive metal. I hear a lot of Rush and even Pink Floyd influence in it. One of my favorite albums of 2016 hands down.



Dark Funeral - Where Shadows Forever Reign is a breath of fresh air in a fairly stagnant black metal genre. I was looking forward to this album and it surpassed all expectations I had. This will go down as a classic black metal album.



Abbath - S/T is another album I was looking forward to as a long time Immortal fan. I was a bit skeptical going into it though, only because I didn't want it to suck. Luckily I was pleasantly surprised and this is a pretty damn good album. Of course all the "black metal elitists" will trash it because it's more mainstream, but I don't care because if something is good I like it.



Megadeth - Dystopia is just an absolutely incredible album from beginning to end. To me it is one of their best albums ever, and MegaDave's voice sounds the best it ever has. If you are an old Megadeth fan and have not heard the album because you haven't cared for their recent albums I think this one will win you over (this is just the title track and not a full album like the first 3 in this post).

No comments:

Post a Comment