My 10 Favorite Extreme Metal Albums of the Last Decade

Over the last ten years fans of extreme metal have been spoiled rotten, and lately it seems like each year we are seeing more and more amazing releases. We have seen a ridiculous amount of heavy bands coming out of nowhere, whether they have been around for years or they are brand new bands many of them are taking metal to a new level.

There have been hundreds of albums over the past decade that I love, and probably still listen to quite often. These are 10 albums that stood out to me over that time, and they all still get a lot of play from me consistently. I think I listen to each one of these albums every week since I listen to music all day everyday while I am sitting at my computer working and also in my car during my hour drive to and from work.

If you have not heard any of these 10 albums and you enjoy extreme metal then I would highly recommend each one of them. I put them in order of how I would rank them if I really had to, with number 1 being one of my favorite albums ever and not just in the last 10 years.

10 - Carcass - Surgical Steel (2013)


9 - Watain - Sworn to the Dark (2007)


8 - Wolves in the Throne Room - Two Hunters (2007)


7 - Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain (2006)


6 - Dragged Into Sunlight - Hatred For Mankind


5 - Hate - Morphosis (2008)


4 - Enslaved - Ruun (2006)


3 - Fleshgod Apocalypse - Oracles (2009)


2 - Anaal Nathrakh - Passion (2011)
This is my favorite song from the album, but I could not find the whole album in the format of the others. Here is a playlist of the full album though.


1 - Septicflesh - The Great Mass (2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment